McAfee holds up the topmost position in the security software, from other antivirus and security software available. This antivirus has captured the spotlight with its exceptional security features being used for scanning and protecting the users’ devices. McAfee antivirus is compatible with PC, Mac, and mobile devices. Its product portfolio comprises of VirusScan, SiteAdvisor, E-Business Server, Change Control, Anti-Malware Engine Core, Secure Home Platforms, and many more.
Some of the common features of McAfee antivirus which makes it stand out of the crowd are as follows-
- Easily accessible through Smartphones and Tablets.
- Compatibility on different platforms.
- Scanning and detection of malware on the devices at a regular basis.
- Complete protection on customer’s identity.
Secure Home Platforms provides, one of the most popular McAfee products offer a complete automatic protection to your entire home wireless network. The router included in the product protects all the devices like robotics toys, smart speakers, smart TVs and many more, which are connected to it. Due to host reputation, Secure Home Platforms (SHP) blocks those devices which aren’t restricted by McAfee activate Parental Controls and it attempts to access a harmful website.
On Virtual Private Network (VPN), SHP can’t provide security to connected devices. If any of the devices are provide access to Parental Controls profile and the website category is blocked for that profile then SHP will block the sites from accessing it.
Usually the default Wi-Fi network is auto on the Secure Home Platforms (SHP). Sometimes error may arise that your devices couldn’t able to connect through this network channel. Follow the below steps for successful changing in the network channel. They are as follows:
- You need to use Ethernet cable to connect it with your PC, to LAN port of the SHP channel.
- Open your browser which you’re using and type 192.168.0.1
- After typing, follow these info to open it-
- Username – admin
- Password- password
- On the router screen, left hand side, go for selecting Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz and click on it.
- Now on the System basic setup page, go for selecting any of the more wireless settings link-
- Wireless 2.4GHz
- Wireless 5 GHz.
- Choose the channel from the drop down menu.
- Select Apply option.
- Again, click on the option Again.
Please note- The recommending channels are- 1, 6 or 11.
And the router might needs to be restart to change the channel. After the devices gets restart, try to connect the devices.
Facing any issues related to connectivity error in McAfee activate -Secure Home Platforms. Kindly contact Mcafee.com/activate to get technical support from the experts